I was in Singapore recently and used the little Huawey with a local SIM card to get mobile internet for the iPhone, iPad and Vaio.
To do the same in Europe, I’m trying out MaxRoam. You pay 10 Euros for the SIM card then you top it up as you go.
- Buy the card
- Activate it on the MaxRoam website
- Insert the SIM in the Mifi device
- Plug the Mifi device to your PC over USB
- Install the drivers located on the Mifi. This also creates a little shortcut on the desktop.
- Launch the shortcut that opens the configuration page of the Mifi.
- There you can unlock the SIM by typing its code and specify the MaxRoam APN details.
- The MaxRoam website tells you how much you have left on your account and lets you top-up.